Editioning and trying to make identical prints

From: John Cremati ^lt;johnjohnc@core.com>
Date: 07/05/04-01:30:41 PM Z

This is a question for Tom Ferguson...
     Tom, I think your thread is very interesting.... .. The question I have for you is : As a collector how do you feel of various editions using the same negative but printing separate editions using other printing processes..Say one in Carbon, another in silver, gum, and yet another in Platinum...? As a example do you think the previous buyers of silver prints should be made aware of a edition of Platinum? Many photographers evolve as time goes on... They had no idea that they would be making platinum prints 5 years ago..
Regards,
John Cremati