plate holders for dummies

From: Adam. Waterson ^lt;artistboi@speakeasy.net>
Date: 07/13/04-12:55:25 PM Z

I've been reading this thread, and keeping up. My next endeavor is
collodion negs. I'm unfortunately still working small at 4x5.

I was figuring that i'd just butcher a few normal 4x5 film holders
trying to figure out how to make it work. Does anyone have a practical
resource for how to make a wet plate holder that still fits into
traditional 4x5 spring loaded back.

I just bought a book that was recommended via this list about old
school camera craft, but it hasn't gotten here yet.

Sorry to be 5 steps back, but hey, :) I'm only 23.
Adam.