Re: cyanotype - ferrocyanide / ferricyanide

From: Kees Brandenburg ^lt;ctb@zeelandnet.nl>
Date: 07/15/04-04:22:26 AM Z

You need the ferricyanide. Exposure to light reduces it to
ferrocyanide. When you start with the ferrocyanide no reduction can
take place.

(NL)terminology:

Potassium Ferricyanide = Kaliumhexacyanoferraat(III) or (old name)
Rood bloedloogzout.

Potassium Ferrocyanide = Kaliumhexacyanoferraat(II) or Geel Bloedloogzout.

kees