Re: Gum Tri-Color Yellow

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 06/03/04-06:47:51 AM Z

Tom Ferguson wrote:

> Sorry, I didn't explain myself well. It prints with a "normal" gum
> negative at a "normal" gum exposure time and has a "normal" number of
> step wedge units between full tone and white. I don't think I'm
> getting enough maximum density (it is too pale), thus (as stated in
> another reply) I'm trying the Daniel Smith version of your favorite
> Yellow (pigment PY110).

I'll be interested to hear if you like it as much as I do. My tastes
aren't shared by everyone, as I learn sadly every time some item that I
think is wonderful and indispensable is discontinued for lack of sales.
One thing about it that might be disconcerting; in a very weak pigment
concentration it prints tan-looking instead of yellow, but then when you
put the other colors on, it pulls itself together and looks the pale
yellow that it should. Not that I would expect you to be printing in
such pale colors, but just thought I'd warn you. This was especially
true of this picture, where I used just a whisper of pigment:

http://www.pacifier.com/~kthayer/html/skunk.html

kt