Re: Gum Tri-Color Yellow

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 06/03/04-02:27:16 PM Z

Don Bryant wrote:

> Katherine,
>
> Does M. Graham have a web site?

This is the page I have bookmarked because it has the pigment
information on it, but no doubt you can get to the home page from there.

http://www.mgraham.com/html/tecnical.htm

I've been using and recommending this paint for years; it's my very
favorite. But unfortunately they don't make all the colors I like, so I
have to get some things from Daniel Smith.

> Also it seems like the Gum Overists are using dry pigments instead of tubed.
> Is there an advantage of one over the other?

Dry gives the most control. You know exactly what you've got, you know
there's no weird additives in it, you know exactly how much pigment
there is in the gum. This is the way to go if you want complete
technical control.

But powdered pigments are messy (I'm thinking Chris and the Cuisinart
and purple all over the kitchen) and time-consuming to work with, and
tube paints are quick and easy, and it's not that hard to get equally
reliable results with them, if you keep your wits about you.

So, it comes down to a matter of preference, IMO.
Katharine