RE: Gum Tri-Color Yellow

From: Kate Mahoney ^lt;kateb@paradise.net.nz>
Date: 06/03/04-10:18:36 PM Z

Kate Mahoney Photography

Qualities like how much pigment is in a tube are not inherent to the
pigment, and are of course variable across manufacturers; in fact I keep
making the point again and again that it makes no sense to me to use the
same amount of pigment no matter what the pigment or the brand of
pigment, because pigments vary widely in pigment strength and
manufacturers vary widely in how much pigment they put in a tube. To
use color most intelligently, IMO, for each pigment/brand you should use
the right amount for each individual pigment/brand, which won't be the
same for each. This isn't a difficult task; I just dump in paint until
the color is as saturated as it can possibly get. I don't even actually
have to think about the fact that I use more paint for some colors than
for others to get the same level of color saturation; I just use
"enough" whatever that "enough" turns out to be. I personally wouldn't
bother with a brand that wasn't heavily pigmented, but that's just me.
Katharine

Couldn't agree more with this, I changed from W&N to Maimeri brand and
ruined all my first lot of work because of the greater pigment
concentration
Kate

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.