Re: Anyone given Color Daguerreotypes a try?

From: MARTINM ^lt;martinm@SoftHome.net>
Date: 06/21/04-07:57:07 AM Z

"However, two years earlier Dr. Julius Rheinberg
(those familiar with microscopy will recognize
the name for his invention of optical staining
termed "Rheinberg Illumination") presented papers
in England and received a patent for an apparatus
of his design that created color photography using
prismatic dispersion.

Evidently, Gabriel Lippmann worked out the
principles independently of Rheinberg; having
no translations available of Rheinberg's earlier work."

Very interesting. Thanks for the info.

Martin