Re: Fortepan

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@CLEMSON.EDU>
Date: 03/04/04-08:26:15 AM Z

John,

The stain produced by Pyro developers is a UV blocker and results in
more contrast because it is greater in the highlights than the
shadows.

This is explained in some detail on p. 3 of my article on Pyro
developers. Go to http://unblinkingeye.com/Articles/PCat/pcat.html
and for the question of the impact of stain with different processes,
which is really quite complicated, see page 3.

Sandy