silly paper wetting question

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@bellsouth.net>
Date: 03/19/04-11:11:02 AM Z

Hi all,
     I've been shrinking paper: magnani pescia, uno, artistico, arches
aquarelle. I notice that aquarelle becomes transparent and sinks to the
bottom of the tub. Why would one paper sink and another float? All the
others float. All are same weight (140 lb).
Chris
PS I'll be sizing this batch with glutaraldehyde...since I've standardized
my procedure so much, and have a few glyoxal sized sheets still on hand, I
may be able to notice a difference if one exists, and will report back on
this...