Re: silly paper wetting question

From: jpptprnt@verizon.net
Date: 03/19/04-11:40:31 AM Z

Chris,

Some papers are denser than other, so that some papers will take on more
sizeing than others, less water absorbent. I generally call this loft for
lack of a better term. More fluff more size more air/displacement. You will
see this also happen in you printmaking class (ink on paper). Paper becomes
more transparent the more water it takes on. Also look at the wet stringth of
the paper. How long the fibers are.

Hope this helps

Jan Pietrzak

PS the show opening was great should have some pics to send to you. A lot of
positive comments made about all the work.