Re: RES: The Great Scanner debate  - round one

From: Ender100@aol.com
Date: 03/22/04-12:24:48 AM Z

Like a lot of the scanner numbers, don't you kinda wonder about a claim of
the ability to scan film with a log transmissive density of 4.2? uhmmmmm... I
wonder what film that was? hehehehehe

Don't believe those numbers—I have even seen written evaluations of scanners
lend credibility to them.... yikes!

Mark Nelson

In a message dated 3/21/04 10:35:49 PM, wildberger@svn.com.br writes:

> Dear Friends
>
> I read on the December 2003 issue of Shutterbug an ad of Microtek's new
> scanner i900. With 4.2 max. optical density and the possibility to scam
> transparencies up to 8x10 on a glassless way, legal size flat bed and
> optical resolution of 6400x3200 dpi, and also bundled with all those
> retouching software we get with Epson's scanners, it seems the perfect
> solution for all we're looking for, specially for the shadows noise problem.
> Strangely enough, however, even Microtek's web site doesn't mention it yet,
> and I couldn't find it available in any stores on line. Does any one of you
> know any more about this announced new product? Thank you,
>
> Ric.

Mark Nelson
Favorite Movie: Deja Vu of The Living Dead All Over Again