Re: Reversal processing for enlarged negatives

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 03/25/04-12:31:31 AM Z

From: Liam Lawless <liam.lawless@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Reversal processing for enlarged negatives
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 03:16:20 +0000

> Do the grainy areas correspond to the
> grainiest areas of your 35 mm original (graininess normally appearing
> worst in the midtones)?

In my earlier postings one fact that Loris is not enlarging the
enlarged negative escaped from my head... until I got off-list email
from Liam. So I think if the graininess is from the original negative,
which sounds more likely to me now, there's nothing that can be done
to reduce graininess without losing image definition... If not sure,
it would be easy to test by contact printing a step tablet onto the
film and do the reversal processing in the way you do.

Thiocyanate reamins in my recommendation to control the overall
density (lack of clear highlights).

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"All the truth in the world adds up to one big lie." (Bob Dylan 2000)