Re: Reversal processing for enlarged negatives

From: Editor P.O.V. Image Service ^lt;editor@p-o-v-image.com>
Date: 03/25/04-01:29:46 AM Z

Loris Medici wrote:

> Keith? Hi, didn't know you were here too...

I haven't been back here for some time.. Actually a few years, but I
figured it was time to return.

> Also, contone camera film is pricey compared to lith film. For
> instance, I can get 20" x 100' roll of lith film for $160 - including
> *custom cutting* price. See?

Understood

> Digital negatives are also very costly to me - I have to order inks
> (Piezotones) and Pictorico OHP from the States. I would rather prefer
> to use my precious quad black inks for pozitive prints on paper and to
> me, 8.5"x11" Pictorico price - including shipment to Turkey - for a
> single sheet is around $2.1.

YEOW!

> Also I have problems with banding in highlights of the print (dense
> parts of the negative). So, I have to do it with lith film - knowing
> that there are people very happy and satisfied with their enlarged
> negatives made on lith film makes me think that *I* also can do it
> with carefully applied / refined technique. It's a matter of learning
> and exercising I believe...

as is all good alt-photo process.. Judy's amazing though.. I learned
much from her when I was here..

Where in Turkey are you? My neighbors are going back there later this
spring.. If you need some stuff they might be willing to take it along..

Keith Krebs

"Just some guy," caretaker of the Multiverse's largest EPSON printer
User Community (highly recommended by Vogon Poets and MegaDodo
Publications), at:
and the Multiverse's largest Canon printer User Community at: