T55 was; RE: Reversal processing for enlarged negatives

From: Breukel, C. (HKG) ^lt;C.Breukel@lumc.nl>
Date: 03/25/04-06:25:48 AM Z

> T-55 is something else... from memory :selenium and sodium
> sulfide boiled
> together & mixed with -- whatever it was (sodium sulfite, or maybe
> potassium bromide).

..see http://www.jackspcs.com/t55.htm

Selenium is highly poisonous in both powder and vapor forms. Mix and use in
a well ventilated room with an appropriate fume mask and gloves

The stuff is a fine light powder, gets easily airborne!

 No fixer. A very nice toner, gorgeous
> purplish blacks
> on my old Brovira, but a pain to mix, went off quickly -- and

..not my experience, the stock is quite stable, and, providing you dilute it
not too much (I use 1+3) the dilution is also quite stable, and yes: it's a
nice toner

> of course
> selenium got hard to get. I had/have a bunch of it, but it
> was claimed to
> be poison...

..you bet!..I was offered 1kg! and kindly refused, the 10grams I have are
more that enough!

Best,

Cor