Re: Large paper negative step wedge

From: Grafist@aol.com
Date: 03/27/04-02:55:46 AM Z

In a message dated 25/03/04 15:26:35 GMT Standard Time, fotodave@dsoemarko.us
writes:

> Or as you said, you can make one easily.
Thanks Judy, Gordon, Dave, Mark and William for the useful suggestions and
information.
Paper neg step wedge using transmitted U.V.light.

Since I will be using a negative paper ( Anitec, very thin Resin Coated ex-
phototypesetting stuff ) in camera, then I think the negative step wedge will
need to be made from this material as it is the combination of this paper (
used in camera) together, in contact, with I.C.I Direct Carbon paper which will
give the final balance and range of tones aimed at in the final print.
I am going to try doing twenty light flashes, one second appart, for each
step and develop as normal to make the step wedge. The same procedure would need
to be followed when using other in camera bromide paper as negatives.
            More later. Thanks again. John Grocott- photographist