Re: Large paper negative step wedge

From: Ender100@aol.com
Date: 03/27/04-09:29:49 AM Z

John,

ok, now I see what you mean.... this wasn't clear in your first post....
actually, the method I suggested would give you a reverse step wedge that could
then be tested....

But....you can save yourself some time perhaps by testing a piece of the
negative paper with a standard step wedge laying on top of it.... contact print
that on the Carbon Paper.....

to make a stepwedge of the paper with your camera, it will be more
informative if you know what your standard exposure is for DMax on the paper and do
successive steps that are half the previous exposure. Maybe one that is also
double the standard exposure for DMax.

Mark Nelson

Mark Nelson
In a message dated 3/27/04 2:59:11 AM, Grafist@aol.com writes:

> Since I will be using a negative paper ( Anitec, very thin Resin Coated ex-
> phototypesetting stuff ) in camera, then I think the negative step wedge
> will
> need to be made from this material as it is the combination of this paper (
> used in camera)  together, in contact, with I.C.I Direct Carbon paper which
> will
> give the final balance and range of tones aimed at in the final print.
> I am going to try doing twenty light flashes, one second appart, for each
> step and develop as normal to make the step wedge. The same procedure would
> need
> to be followed when using other in camera bromide paper as negatives.
>             More later. Thanks again. John Grocott- photographist

Mark Nelson
Precision Digital Negatives