Re: Pre-shrink paper for gum (oa to Katherine)

From: Dave Rose ^lt;cactuscowboy@bresnan.net>
Date: 03/31/04-08:04:17 AM Z

I pre-shrink and then size Rives BFK with Knox gelatin and formaldehyde.

For multiple coating prints, re-registration is simplified by using 1/4"
diameter pins, affixing negative to paper. Due to changes in humidity,
paper rarely dries out and returns to exactly the same dimensions. If the
paper is 'too big', I'll gently dry it further by directing a hair dryer on
the backside of the print until my registration marks match exactly. If the
print is 'too small', I'll use a damp sponge to moisten the backside of the
print, causing it to expand until the registration marks match.

I've never experienced any problems caused by using heat or moisture on
unexposed prints.

Best regards from Big Wonderful Wyoming,
Dave Rose