Developing sheet film in open-ended PVC tubes

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 03/31/04-10:26:06 AM Z

A number of years ago someone wrote an article that was published in
one of the national magazines that described how to develop sheet
film in open-ended PVC tubes in trays. This procedure offers some
advantages over normal tray development in that it gives 1) very even
development with no edge hot spots, and 2) minimizes the possibility
of scratching that many experience in shuffle agitation.

I am describing this procedure in a current writing project and would
like to give credit to the person who originally suggested the
procedure but I am unable to locate it. Can anyone on the list
provide any details to help me locate the article.

Sandy