Re: Developing sheet film in open-ended PVC tubes

From: William Laven ^lt;wmlaven@platinotype.com>
Date: 03/31/04-12:59:52 PM Z

Development and clearing is done in tubes. I wash the prints in a
traditional washer. What I like about it is that since I work with
different Potassium Oxalate developers as my contrast control (a la
Dick Arentz) I just have a bunch of developer bottles handy and don't
have to mess with trays. That is, I develop a print and say its too
flat, I just pop another in a tube with more contrasty developer.

Even if one doesn't use different developers, tubes are great. I can
print up to 20x24 in the space that only 1 tray would take!! And when
the print is in the tube spinning I can walk away from it and work on
other things, like you say. Instead of rocking trays I rock myself to
the music!