scanning negs

From: Catherine Rogers ^lt;crogers@mpx.com.au>
Date: 05/01/04-03:58:12 PM Z

Greetings list,

I need to scan negatives which don't fit any of the supplied holders on an
Epson flatbed 4870 (or whatever its number is in the USA) scanner. Well, of
course they don't fit - it wouldn't be alternative if they actually did fit
something standard I guess.

The negs are from a 130 size film - 76mm wide and the image is about 125mm
long (2 and seven eights inches by four and seven eights inches). Has anyone
made their own film holders for scanning abnormal film sizes? Is that what I
need to do? They don't stay flat enough if simply placed on the glass top of
the scanner as there is no means to prevent them curling on the space.

Many thanks for any and all suggestions
Catherine

PS If anyone has actually got an Imacon Flextight Photo scanner working with
a G5 I'd love to hear how they did it. Please note that the query relates
only to this model - not to any of the other Imacon scanners. TIA. I'm
offering a reward for the right solution now -I'm really desperate!