Re: Bergger Versus Forte/ PMK testing.

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 05/03/04-07:17:28 AM Z

Gregory,

The speed of different batches of these films can vary significantly,
and this will impact maximum density for a given exposure by far more
than 20%.

You observe a difference of about +20% density for BPF. In my own
tests the maximum Dmax of BPF was actually slightly lower than that
of Fortepan 200, but slightly higher than JancC. But the curves were
absolutely identical when adjusted for time.

As for the fact that there was more stain, one would expect more
stain with higher density. I suspect that you would also find a
slightly higher B+f.

Sandy