Re: New Cyanotype

From: Tom Ferguson ^lt;tomf2468@pipeline.com>
Date: 05/15/04-08:32:59 AM Z

You can get the formula here (from it's inventor):

http://www.mikeware.demon.co.uk/cyano.html

You can buy pre mixed solution here (some of the chemicals are hard to
find):

http://www.bostick-sullivan.com/

As to the needed negative density, it will vary with the paper and
light source you use. More exposure (perhaps 1/2 stop beyond silver)
and more development (perhaps 50% more than silver) is a "starting
point".

On Saturday, May 15, 2004, at 05:10 AM, Thom Mitchell wrote:

> I have a few simple questions. Where can you find the formula for the
> new
> cyanotype? I'll be making in camera negs for the process and I do not
> have a
> densitometer, so how thick or thin should ones negs be to make a decent
> image on cyanotype. Normal exposure and processing? 1 stop
> over-exposed? 2
> stops over-exposed? 1 stop under-exposed? etc. I ask this merely to
> ascertain a starting point from which to begin my own testing and
> possibly
> shorten the cycle of frustration. Thanks, Thom
<SNIP>

Tom Ferguson
http://www.ferguson-photo-design.com