Re: crummy printers and gum

From: Ender100@aol.com
Date: 05/28/04-04:57:23 PM Z

Chris (Dances With Gum),

That's an interesting observation regarding gum printing with digital
negatives (Gum laughs at the density in a digital negative) since often I see
adjustment curves for digital negatives used with gum that have to clip the density
(and thus about 20% to 30% of the tone levels) in order to print.  Maybe I am
not understanding the meaning correctly.

Mark Nelson
www.precisiondigitalnegatives.com