Re: Step Wedge

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@CLEMSON.EDU>
Date: 11/11/04-02:36:39 PM Z

Etienne wrote:

>As an abstract exercise (especially for someone who, like me, occasionally
>whips up his or her own negative emulsion for fun), it's interesting to
>know what the film does, on its own. But when I load my holders, I'm after
>the most direct understanding of what my negatives are going to look like
>when they come out of the Jobo, and rolling all of the relevant practical
>factors into the material characterization gives me this.

But my point is not that practical testing in the camera is not
relevant, but simply that it is invalid as a means of comparing EFS
of different films. For that you need a system with a common light
source and some control that permits repeatable exposures to an
accuracy of about 1/10 of a stop.

Sandy