New Material: Slimline Inkjet Film

From: Michael Koch-Schulte ^lt;mkochsch@shaw.ca>
Date: 11/13/04-05:06:18 PM Z

I just found this material at the "Business Depot". Anyone else tried it for Digital Negatives? I'm going to profile a wedge on it tonight. Labelled as Slimline Inkjet Film. Dimensions are 8.27" X 11.67" inches. Marketed as transparent sign material by a company called "Headline". It has a small peel away strip on the bottom presumably to mount it to a backlit display system. Claims to be quick drying. It has a much smoother-silkier "rough" surface (ink side) than the generic overhead transparency (read: cheap junk) I've been practicing my curves on. Price was $13 CDN for 10 sheets, ie. less than a buck a sheet USDs. Lots of Japanese or Chinese printing on the inside. Definately an import. Looks promising. I'll post my findings in a few hours.