Scanner Recommendations?

From: Alistair Calder ^lt;photo@alistair.com>
Date: 11/17/04-12:57:19 PM Z

I am slowly moving into the world of Alt Process and I'm picking up
resources along the way. I have found a great deal of knowledge here on
the list, so thank you all for sharing your experiences.

At this point, I would like to begin by scanning my body of work (in
various formats: 35mm, medium & LF 4x5) and I am beginning to review
scanners for the job. Ultimately, I will be creating digital negatives
out of the scans (most likely on an Epson 2200... that's my next
purchase after this one).

My question for the alt-process community is: what scanner do you
recommend for someone who will be scanning in the three formats
mentioned earlier?

My budget is around $750US (although I might be persuaded to go higher
if cost can be justified), and I will be working with Photoshop CS on a
WinXP machine.

Thanks,
Alistair