Re: Scanner Recommendations?

From: Michael Healy ^lt;emjayhealy@earthlink.net>
Date: 11/17/04-01:34:42 PM Z

I have the Epson 2450, a flatbed with overhead adaptor. It is capable of doing 35mm up
to 4x5. BUT it does not do such a hot job on 35mm, especially transparencies. On the
positive side, it's given me very good scans of my 6x9s and my 4x5s. These are all for
digital negs. I have heard that the its successor - the 4850? - is even better.

For 35mm, tho, you may have a problem trying to get one do-all scanner. Unless the
past couple of years have seen progress by the leaps and bounds, you probably are
going to find that you need a separate 35mm film scanner for those. I've been fortunate,
since I gave up 35mm 7-8 years ago. My one legitimate complaint about the 2450 is that
it's useless for the 8x10 negs and transparencies I've moved in the past year.

mike