RE: Scanner Recommendations?

From: Jeremy Moore ^lt;jeremydmoore@charter.net>
Date: 11/17/04-01:37:44 PM Z

You can easily do this under within your budget, but I would suggest you
purchase two scanners. The increase in quality from a dedicated 35mm
scanner (even the cheaper ones) from a flatbed is enormous. If 4x5 is
the largest size then I suggest an Epson 2450 (it's what I use and it
works great) or 3200 for the medium and large format photos and whatever
35mm from the main brands you can find on ebay for a good price. Lots of
people are liquidating their 35mm scanners on ebay after buying digital
cameras. $200 for the Epson 2450 from Epson refurbished and $400 for a
35mm scanner off ebay and you have $150 left to buy more film :)