RE: modifying scanner

From: Jason DeFontes ^lt;jason@defontes.com>
Date: 11/17/04-02:02:14 PM Z

I have a similar model and once tried using a lightbox on top of the scanner
for the purpose of scanning contact sheets. It never really worked. The
scanner apparently does some calibration or something when the transparency
adaptor is attached, and I could never fake it out with a different light.
However, I did realize that I could just scan the contact sheets in
reflective mode, then invert them in PS and tweak the levels a bit. For the
purpose of seeing what's on the negatives this is a perfectly usable method.
For actually printing with them, probably not, but it never hurts to try and
see what you can get.

-Jason

  _____