Re: Inkjet negatives and Van Dyke Brownprints

From: Grace Taylor ^lt;gtay22@earthlink.net>
Date: 11/19/04-12:13:43 PM Z

One of the things I learned in the beginning is that each ink jet
printer gives a different result, so curves have to be created for the
printer as much as for any other variable. I made preliminary tests
using black ink on the Epson Photo EX, Epson 1280, and Epson 3000, and
the best results were with the 3000 so I tweaked that curve a few more
times and printed all my negs with black ink on the 3000. Earlier
this year, the 3000 developed problems that weren't worth fixing, so I
will have to go through the curve testing again but will start with the
curve that worked for the 3000. Here it is:
0 - 6
5 - 11
10 - 15
20 - 18