Re: Analog Color Separations - Help!

From: Dave Rose ^lt;cactuscowboy@bresnan.net>
Date: 11/23/04-08:46:51 PM Z

The Keepers of Light by William Crawford has basic instructions for making
color separations. More detailed information can be obtained from older
publications for the graphic arts/prepress industry. Unfortunately, the
preferred film for this work, Kodak Super XX, is no longer in production.
Other readily available panchromatic B&W emulsions may produce suitable
results.

With the advent of scanners, imagesetters, and digital photography, the art
of making color separations on film in a darkroom or in-camera is becoming
obsolete. Maybe this will be the "alternative photography" of the future?

Best regards,
Dave Rose
Big Wonderful Wyoming