Re: recipe for fine-line developer?

From: Eric S. Theise ^lt;mataro@cyberwerks.com>
Date: 10/06/04-12:07:20 PM Z

Ah, the wonders of the hive mind. We have found good MSDS sheets:

  Part A: http://siri.org/msds/f2/btw/btwqj.html
  Part B: http://siri.org/msds/f2/btw/btwqk.html
  Working solution: http://siri.org/msds/f2/btw/btwql.html

Not trusting that anything will stay put, let the record show:

  Part A:
  Ingred Name:SODIUM FORMALDEHYDE BISULFITE
  Fraction by Wt: 75 - 78%
  Ingred Name:HYDROQUINONE (SARA 302/313) (CERCLA)
  Fraction by Wt: 22%

  Part B:
  Ingred Name:SODIUM CARBONATE
  Fraction by Wt: 70 - 75%
  Ingred Name:SODIUM BICARBONATE
  Fraction by Wt: 10 - 15%
  Ingred Name:METAPHOSPHORIC ACID, HEXASODIUM SALT (CERCLA)/SODIUM
      HEXAMETAPHOSPHATE
  Fraction by Wt: 10 - 15%
  Ingred Name:POTASSIUM BROMIDE
  Fraction by Wt: <1%

  Working Solution:
  Ingred Name:WATER
  Fraction by Wt: BALANCE
  Ingred Name:SODIUM FORMALDEHYDE BISULFITE
  Fraction by Wt: 5 - 10%
  Ingred Name:SODIUM CARBONATE
  Fraction by Wt: 1 - 5%
  Ingred Name:HYDROQUINONE (SARA 302/313) (CERCLA)
  Fraction by Wt: 1%
  Ingred Name:SODIUM BICARBONATE
  Fraction by Wt: <1%

We also have the information from a long-empty packet of Part A, which
says that each part is mixed with one gallon of water for stock solution,
then equal parts are mixed as needed for the working solution.

Do we have enough data to solve this word problem? Can someone with
better photochemistry chops than I turn this into a simple, workable
recipe?

Thanks!

--Eric