RE: was Chris Andeson there? now digineg smear

From: Loris Medici ^lt;loris_medici@mynet.com>
Date: 10/07/04-01:34:31 AM Z

Hi all,

I want to add something to this:

I use Photowarehouse film with Cone inks on an Epson 1160 and

1. There's absolutely no smearing or drying difficulties with this
setup. You can't lift ink even by rubbing with your thumb (unless it's
wet of course).

2. The density I get from this setup is sufficient to print full tonal
scale (double coatedI) Vandykes. My understanding is that Vandyke
process needs negatives with density range higher than Pt/Pd process.

So, if there are digital negative makers with "a similar configuration
to mine"; they can use Photowarehouse film "pretty confidently" to print
Vandykes and/or Pt/Pds.

Best regards,
Loris.