Aluminum for photo trays

From: Jamie Young ^lt;jamiehy@tds.net>
Date: 10/07/04-07:02:59 AM Z

A friend of mine was asking me about using aluminum trays she found at
a restaurant supply store. She wants to use trays that fit her
panoramic format photos better to save sink space. My guess was that
aluminum would be too reactive to be a good choice, but am not a
chemist. She will be doing traditional silver fiber base printing
mostly. I wasn't able to give her a good answer other than I would
probably avoid it, and definitely not do toning as that would be the
place she would she the problems most. What would a person with better
chemistry knowledge say about aluminum trays.
Thanks!
  Jamie Young from madison, WI