Re: Aluminum for photo trays

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 10/07/04-07:29:23 AM Z

I would definitely avoid aluminum. It's much more easily corroded by
acid and base, and it's generally more reactive compared to stainless
steel, PVC, HDPE, and other kinds of plastic. Aluminum can have
photographically significant effect as well.

It's quite expensive to buy large trays made for darkroom work, but in
my experience good trays pay off. If you want to avoid the expense,
I'd look for the dish to put under washing machine at Home Depot. If
the aluminum pan is otherwise perfect in size and rigidity, I'd at
least coat it with epoxy boat paint before use.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"You have to realize that junk is not the problem in and of itself.