Re: Gum - gelatine sizing or not?

From: Hamish Stewart ^lt;hamish.stewart@gumphoto.demon.co.uk>
Date: 10/07/04-12:56:26 PM Z

On 7/10/04 03:05, "Dwayne Sandall" <sandall@shaw.ca> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just a quick check in with you more experienced folk. I have heard
> mixed opinions on gelatin sizing for gum. Curious to hear your
> opinions, or is the need more related to paper choice or pigment
> choice? Or does the size of the finished print have a role as well?
>
> Thanks a ton for your input,
> Dwayne

Dwayne,

I always gelatine size, these days one coat with formalin hardener.

Hamish Stewart - Gum Bichromate Photographer - visit
<http://www.gumphoto.fsnet.co.uk>
for gum bichromate images, technical information and links to recommended
resources on alternative photographic processes.
mailto:<hamish.stewart@gumphoto.demon.co.uk>