Re: Ziatype: how many coatings?

From: Loris Medici ^lt;loris_medici@mynet.com>
Date: 10/10/04-04:04:57 PM Z

Thanks Christian,

I took your advice and waited 10 mins. before exposure. The printout was
quick and strong (I don't know if it may improve with development). The
emulsion is incredibly sensitive. My exposure time is 1:30 under 40W Philips
actinic bulbs (which are located 3" above the glass). My Vandyke standard
exposing time is 5:00 (8:00 for Cyanotype II). Is that normal?

The dmax is not very strong (to rephrase: it's below what I have expected).
It's looks like being between double coated untoned Vandyke and single
coated Cyanotype II - will measure this later when I have access to a
friend's densitometer. What can I do to improve it? (other than multiple
printing I mean)

TIA,
Loris.