Re: Another Ziatype question

From: Loris Medici ^lt;loris_medici@mynet.com>
Date: 10/11/04-03:42:11 PM Z

I don't have the print with me right now (I left it in out photo-club). Will
scan it tomorrow and send it. All I can say for now is that I got a smokey
black print. No true black but a dark and very slightly warm gray (darker
than untoned vandyke but not quite dark like cyanotype 2... my expectation
was too high maybe - don't know; perhaps I can tolerate a not so dark
colored print like vandyke or cyanotype but need something marginally better
with neutral black).

Thanks for reminding the buffer in the paper (now I remember that Mike Ware
told me that Whatman HP is a buffered paper). I have oxalic acid. Will make
another experiment tomorrow using paper treated in 1% oxalic acid. Do you
think 3 minutes in oxalic acid will be enough to neutralize the buffer? What
if I include a trace of it it in the sensitizer solution - like say... 1
drop of (0.05 ml) 1% oxalic acid in 1ml sensitizer? If that works I will
save time - because I will not have to wait oxalic acid treated paper to get
dry....

Regards,
Loris.