Re: Sodium Bisulfite

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 10/15/04-04:11:57 PM Z

Katharine Thayer wrote:

> Alberto Novo wrote:
> >

> > What I see is that if I give a very lonk soak (say 8-12 hours) to "my
> > prints", the colour changes from brownish-green to pale gray-green, and "my
> > water" turns pale yellow. What is in the water?

To expand briefly on my earlier comment, I don't think the interesting
question here is "What is in the water?" since it's fairly certain that
what is in the water is soluble dichromate. The interesting question,
and the only question of interest to us in this discussion, is what's in
the stain that's left behind, and how to clear it?

If, as I'm assuming, this is a straight dichromate stain in crosslinked
gum, uncontaminated by pigment or by clearing agent, and if it is green
in hue, then this seems to be an answer to my question about whether
others have seen green dichromate stain.
kt