My first Ziatype print.

From: Loris Medici ^lt;loris_medici@mynet.com>
Date: 10/16/04-11:12:51 AM Z

http://www.loris.medici.name/images/ziatype-first-print.jpg
(This is the cropped version, the original is 11"x11" square format; the
scanner wasn't big enough to scan the print as one piece)

* The digital negative was printed on Photowarehouse Ultrafine transparency
using Conetech Selenium Piezotone quadblack inks.

* Paper was Whatman HP treated with 1.5% oxalic acid (which seems to not
change anything; dmax didn't improved. So, I probably won't use oxalic acid
anymore - now it looks like a loss of time to me).

* Used 2ml coating solution to coat an 11"x11" area (20% less than Clay's
recommendation of 0.2ml per 10 square inches), used a 40mm Magic Brush.
Coating solution was: 25 drops AFO, 25 drops Li2PdCl4 and 1 drop 1.5%
Ammonium Dichromate.

* Exposed for 2:30 using 40W Philips actinic fluorescent lightbulbs placed
2" above the printing frame glass.

* Developed in 2-4% citric acid.

The print has some white spots due to the damaged negative (there were
stucked paper fibers on the negative - because the previous trial was
exposed too early!). How I can spot these?

Thanks to those who provided helpful and valuable information.

Regards,
Loris.