Ultrafine Clear Film and Epson 2200

From: Don Bryant ^lt;dstevenbryant@mindspring.com>
Date: 10/19/04-07:27:26 PM Z

I just thought I would report to the list my results of testing Ultrafine
Clear Film (thanks to Christina Anderson who gave me six sheets to evaluate)
and the Epson 2200.

This afternoon I printed Mark Nelson's Printer Evaluation Palette using the
Premium Luster media setting printed at 1440 DPI. Unfortunately I had exit
roller marks show up on the film just as others have reported. Additionally
after 4 hours of drying the inks still can be smudged and the dreaded pizza
wheel tracks are there too.

I know someone posted a link showing a method for lifting the rollers up off
of the substrate. Can someone point me to that web page again? I think that
this substrate is usable, the PEP is very sharp and with an over night
drying time the ink smudging could be eliminated. Of course the pizza wheel
tracks may be a problem that can't be fixed.

The first sheet got chewed up as it fed underneath the print head; on the
second sheet I used a piece of inkjet paper to support the film which then
did feed properly.

Thanks,

Don Bryant