Re: Rancid oil (Re: Ultrafine Clear Film and Epson 2200

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 10/25/04-09:20:52 PM Z

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004, Katharine Thayer wrote:
> Thanks, Eric, but it's the blocks not the beads that we're talking
> about. I've got lots of beads, but I wouldn't use them for waxing
> negatives (although I do sometimes use them for treating the front of
> prints when I show them unframed) because working with the beads, to my
> mind, is just too much bother compared to the oiling for daily work.

I'd had it in the drawer for years, but the only place I'd bought
anything for encaustic was Pearl Paint, and I can't think of any place
else I could have bought it, so my guess is I bought it at Pearl. A hard
white block about the size of a pound of butter.

I'm pretty sure Pearl has a website; they ought to still carry it, since
wax and encaustic grow as art media. Of course shipping would cost almost
as much as the wax... but you don't use much. A pound ought to last
forever.

J.