RE: How to translate log density readings to percent?

From: Loris Medici ^lt;loris_medici@mynet.com>
Date: 09/08/04-04:55:26 AM Z

Thanks for the long post Etienne,

Shortly, you're saying that the formulas I used in my first message (to
form the sample table) are correct (that was my original question -
thanks for the confirmation). In the other hand, I understand that both
you and Dave say that I shouldn't map dmax to 100% (and the remainder
values accordingly). BUT, I don't aim for 50% "absolute" density in the
print that was exposed under 50% negative - I aim for 50% "relative"
density (relative to the dmax figure of the emulsion/paper combo). Is
that so wrong? (I guess there's a point that I'm not able to grasp...)

Thanks,
Loris.