Re: PVA for gum printing

From: MARTINM ^lt;martinm@SoftHome.net>
Date: 09/08/04-06:08:21 AM Z

> Why do you say that?

Simply - if ESTAR was an unsaturated polyester (say based on styrol) chances
would be high it's fairly different from PET. Maybe not so much with regards
to dimensional stability but rather with regards to chemical stability
(which may lead to different approaches to make a layer of gelatin, gum etc.
stick on it).

> You can find some of the polyester films that are available pre-subbed
> with gelatin. One is from Grafix in their Duralar line.

Thanks for that information! On their website
(http://www.syscontech.com/supplygraph/grafix.htm) they say:
" Dura-Lar combines the best features of acetate and mylar to give you the
optimal performing film. Perfect for layouts, color separations, protective
covering, drafting and drawings." Which film would be pre-subbed with
gelatin?

Martin