Re: Ilfochrome classic....... Very sad experience...

From: Dave Rose ^lt;cactuscowboy@bresnan.net>
Date: 09/22/04-07:58:24 PM Z

Ilfochrome classic would be best used as it was intended, with the proper
chemistry. Forget about "alt purposes" unless you want to create pinhole
camera positives with the print material. I've done quite a bit of printing
with Cibachrome material. It was always difficult material to work with. I
made many highlight and contrast masks, trying to reduce contrast of
original transparencies to match the narrow range of Ciba print material. A
real PITA to work with. That's one reason I went to gum printing.

It's a sad day indeed when all of this equipment and consumables sells dirt
cheap or gets tossed out with the rubbish.

Dave in Wyoming
http://www.alternativephotography.com/artists/dave_rose.html

I'd be making lots of prints with the