Re: Possibly OT, now...Re: new alt process--gelatin silver

From: Susan Huber ^lt;shuber@ssisland.com>
Date: 04/09/05-08:16:27 AM Z

Hi Dennis,
Iwas told that The Gallery feels that CD is not permanent and can be
infected with viruses. I was told that they are going back to film to
photograph the collections.
I am hopeless with digital topics... so; I am not an expert in telling you
about the subject.
I am sorry, Dennis- that is all I know. I have heard from Musicians that
they feel CD s' are not permanent either.
If someone had an answer, it would be nice to know the definitive state of
digital versus analog.
I am not totally against digital- I am against peoples' ability to embrace
anything that doesn't require good honest work and study.
If I had someone who explain what computers do and how to work mine for
other things than e-mail- I would be very happy.
Susan
www.susanhuber.com