Re: 1280 going berserkers

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 04/08/05-02:11:40 PM Z

FDanB@aol.com wrote:

> Hey Clay,
>
> Over the years I've seen Epson printers like your 1280 suddenly develop
> problems like you describe.

In fact I was recently amazed when I compared two Pictorico negatives:
the same image printed with the same settings on the same ancient Stylus
Photo EX (okay, laugh) one made five years ago or so and the other made
last month. Even with a faultless nozzle check pattern and alignment and
all that, the more recent negative doesn't look like it was made from
the same printer. They both have a visible grid pattern, but the earlier
one is much finer; the recent one is a much coarser grid pattern and
simply unacceptable for a gum negative.

I'm planning to buy a 1280 before they discontinue them, unless someone
can give me a good reason to spend the extra for the 2200. I don't have
any need for the pigmented inks. Would there be any reason to assume
that the 2200 would be less susceptible to developing printing problems
like this over time?

Katharine