RE: 1280 going berserkers

From: Kate M ^lt;kateb@paradise.net.nz>
Date: 04/09/05-05:04:27 PM Z

I'm sorry, I can't remember who said this, but he pointed out that Epson
printer nozzles are part of the machine, not replaced with the
cartridge as with some other brand(s?). Eventually, I would think, the
nozzle will become worn and this is what leads to problems with the
Epsons over time. The only "fix" is to get the printing heads replaced,
which works out (of course) as being more expensive than buying a new
comparable printer. My short answer, however, is that the problem must
be inherent to all printers that have the mechanics arranged this way.
Buying a "Pro" model might helps a little (if one gets a better quality
machine, which I suppose can't be taken for granted. I was certainly not
happy to see the deterioration on quality of my cheap printer over time.

Kate