RE: Glut, formaline, sizing

From: Loris Medici ^lt;loris_medici@mynet.com>
Date: 04/09/05-02:59:51 PM Z

Hi Maria, if you meant "what preservative I can use other than formaline in
gum arabic" then my answer would be: I know they use mercuric chloride (they
is: ready-made gum arabic solution manufacturers). But I remember reading in
the list archives that they're people using thymol (was it .25% of total
solution?) which is probably much more safer than using something that
contains mercury.

Hope that I understood your question right.

Regards,
Loris.