Glyoxal yellowing test

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 04/08/05-06:56:33 PM Z

Maria's question led me to go look at my glyoxal papers which I sized on
February 6, 2005.

I sized four pieces of Fabriano Artistico Extra-White: 2 at .6% (the
equivalent of 15 ml/liter of gelatin and 2 at 1%, the equivalent of 25
ml/liter of gelatin. One of each pair I rinsed immediately after sizing,
the other I did not rinse after sizing.

These were in a little stack in a drawer, which I periodically have
taken out and rotated the bottom one to the top, like developing sheet
film in a tray, so each of them has spent some time on the top of the
stack.

All of these papers are still completely white and indistinguishable
from a piece of new Fabriano, except for the more open, coarser texture
that results from having been wet. In color, they are indistinguishable.
Katharine Thayer